Wednesday 20 November 2013

The trains ready to leave

Hi to all in blog land,

I've been busy up in the craft room of late making this and making that trying to get organised for the craft fair at the beginning of December after the madness of the 50th wedding party bits and pieces.

My thoughts turned to Christmas and I thought I would be a good Grannie and make my Grandtots a  special advent calender each . I saw a lovely video on you tube from some very clever ladies and based my idea on what they had shown with  my regular tweek on things .

Its starts by making several very simple boxes , as many or as few as you decide to make these are all joined together with ribbon to form the carriages and of course we have to have a big Daddy engine to pull them (if only in my imagination)

I played around with different size boxes until I was happy that they all fitted together nicely and resembled the above mentioned engine and joined this to the carriages.

Some printed buttons stuck onto card stock made up the wheels and a few printed images dotted along each carriage side with a Christmassy image finished them off.  I made little triangle paper pouches and filled them with sweeties and numbered them with the countdown to Christmas with a  larger chocolate prezzie sitting inside the engine to open on crimbo morning.

I hope they will like them and have as much fun eating them as I had making them

Happy Makings


Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment